The Lord Is My Shepherd  

by James Montgomery (1771 - 1854)

The Lord is my Shepherd, no want shall I know;
I feed in green pastures, safe folded I rest;
He leadeth my soul where the still waters flow,
Restores me when wand’ring, redeems when oppressed.

Through valley and shadow of death though I stray,
Since Thou art my Guardian, no evil I fear;
Thy rod shall defend me, Thy staff be my stay;
No harm can befall, with my Comforter near.

In midst of affliction my table is spread;
With blessings unmeasured my cup runneth o’er;
With perfume and oil Thou anointest my head;
O what shall I ask of Thy providence more?

Let goodness and mercy, my bountiful God,
Still follow my steps till I meet Thee above;
I seek, by the path which my forefathers trod,
Through land of their sojourn, Thy Kingdom of love. 

Puisi oleh James Montgomery ini disadur dari Mazmur 23.
Ada yang tertarik untuk membuatkan nada untuk puisi ini sehingga menjadi sebuah lagu? Jika ada, setelah jadi lagunya (1 suara atau sudah berupa arrangement 2, 3 atau 4 suara baik suara sejenis maupun campuran SATB, a capella maupun dengan iringan), bisa dikirimkan ke lagu.rohani.baru@gmail.com untuk bisa dibagikan dan dinyanyikan oleh banyak paduan suara gereja di indonesia ataupun di dunia ini.

Semangat Berbagi, Semangat Berkarya. Tuhan selalu memberikan kesegaran bagi mereka yang percaya kepada-Nya.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Email this post


0 comments: to “ The Lord Is My Shepherd

Design by Blogger Buster> | Distributed by Blogging Tips